AAUW-Montana is the state-level organization of the American Association of University Women. With almost 300 members in 10 branches and another 100 national members-at-large in the state, we are committed to the AAUW mission of advancing equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research.
- Spring 2014 Newsletter
- Convention Schedule and Registration Form
- 2012 AAUW Accomplishments
- ALICE Workshop Handout
- 2011 Legislative Report from the Montana Women’s Lobby.
- Montana Women’s Lobby Membership Form
- AAUW’s Recent Research Report, Graduating to a Pay Gap
Upcoming Public Events and Fundraisers
AAUW-Missoula and Phi Delta Kappa will hold their annual AAUW–PDK Used Book Sale at the Orchard Homes Country Life Club, 2537 South 3rd St. West in Missoula:
- Thursday, April 10, 10 am – 8 pm
- Friday, April 11, 10 am – 5pm
- Saturday, April 12, 10 am – 5 pm
- Sunday, April 13 (Bag Day), 10 am – 2pm.
The groups have several easy ways to start receiving your gently-used books for donation. Please call any of the numbers below to find out how to make donations before the sale week. Also, during the three days before the sale, the public is invited to drop off books at Orchard Homes, Monday, April 7 to Wednesday, April 9, between 10 am and 7 pm each day. For more information, call 543-5975, 549-3538, or 829-3898 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
AAUW-Kalispell will hold its annual Used Book Sale at the Kalispell Center Mall on:
- Friday, April 11, noon to 7:00 pm
- Saturday, April 12, 10 am to 7:00 pm
- Sunday, April 13 (bag day), 11:00 to 2:00 pm
If you wish to donate books, there are AAUW barrels at the following locations:
- Kaslispell—Albertsons, Rosauers & Super 1
- Whitefish—Super 1
- Columbia Falls—Super 1
- Bigfork—Bigfork Harvest Foods
For large donations, please contact Vicki at 608/712-9302.
AAUW-Montana 2014 State Biennial Meeting (formerly called convention)
- Friday, April 25 to Sunday, April 27 in Great Falls
- Details, lodging information, schedule of events, and a registration form can be found in the Spring 2014 issue of The Treasure Stater.
Celebrate The Importance and Power of Your Vote With a Bumper Sticker
Available here for $5
$tart$mart Workshop Held at MSU Feb. 1, 2014
When Montana State University decided to sponsor the first $tart$mart salary negotiation workshop to be held in the state, AAUW-MT and AAUW-Bozeman agreed to co-sponsor the event. Annie Houle (center in photo) flew in from North Carolina to facilitate both a Work$mart workshop in Helena January 31, 2014, and MSU’s $tart $mart workshop on Saturday, February 1. Despite snowy weather, the workshop was attended by almost 40 young women.
A $tart$mart workshop is a two-to-three hour workshop specially, but not exclusively, designed for junior and senior college women. The workshop teaches a young woman how to determine what employers are paying for the job she wants when she graduates and how to negotiate to be paid what she is worth doing that job. Typically, workshops include forty or fewer participants so that every student has a chance to ask questions and make comments.
In March 2009, WAGE and AAUW joined forces to address the gender wage gap by training AAUW members and staff on campuses to become facilitators of these workshops. After MSU’s workshop, several women from MSU and AAUW-MT received training as $tart$mart facilitators, so we’ll be ready to hold more workshops in Montana.